Monday, July 9, 2012

Dreams of the Father


Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It with your friends


“We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.” – Psalm 53: 6


The heartache won’t go away, the pain and suffering can’t be undone.  When the days are longer than the hours that comprise them, and the evenings are shorter than the absence of the sun; time stands still; life has become a tread mill and the world has no answer.  Make more money, your bills just get larger.  Eat more healthy, death comes regardless.  Give them freedom and tolerate all behavior, and the servant’s heart is crushed.  Let’s face it, we’ve created a life that is impossible to sustain and the groans and pressures of our daily trials are not eliminated, but magnified.  Promises of simplicity fade into the busyness.  The life we dreamt about as children has ended up on someone elses doorstep and it’s just not fair.  Did you want to be a lawyer, a doctor, an astronaut, a scientist, a policeman, a soldier or a politician?  Were you looking for freedom, adventure, success in the millions, to help others or to help yourself?  How is that dream looking these days?  Have you achieved the state of completion yet or are you still seeking the entry point?

I was 14 and wanted to be a nuclear physicist.  I wanted to be in the Navy, like my Dad and work on nuclear submarines and see the world.  Those dreams were shattered along with my right knee at the age of 17, and my passion for electronics and computers led me to my new dream.  I was going to work for IBM, writing software that could simplify the computer for the home.  Here I am, many years later and working for HP and trying to take business away from IBM.  Several change of events over the course of my life, have taken me out of the software arena into the business side of the equation.  So, it’s not a nuclear submarine, and it’s not IBM; but I’ve been around the world and seen amazing things.  I’m using my God given creative skills, mathematical mind and logical aptitude to solve problems.  Dreams have come and gone, but all in all, I’ve achieved what I set out to do.  Then why is life so unfulfilled?

The scriptures tell us that we are born with a purpose, knitted into our soul at the time of conception.  That God Almighty has known us before we were even born and laid out the purpose for our life.  The emptiness in fulfilling my own dreams has forced me to discover what it is that He has for me in this life.  Through every effort, challenge and turn that I have taken in this life; I have yet to reach contentment and peace.  Chasing my own path has hurt others, damaged relationships and created more complications in life than providing simplicity for those I have touched along the way.  My transgressions, arrogance and pride have gotten in the way of helping others find peace, comfort and joy in their lives.  Has chasing my dreams gotten in the way of pursuing His purpose of spreading love and serving others?  Absolutely.

Fortunately, God is on high still and knows me very well indeed.  He knows everything I long for, everything I dream of long before I do.  He knows my pain, my struggles and my fears.  He knows my heart and has filled my mind with thoughts of righteousness and the desire to see others come to the same.  What lies ahead of me is the choice to accept that my past iniquities are forgiven, through the blood of Jesus; and that my future is open to dream the dream of my Father in heaven.  I have so much ahead of me and so much to accomplish in this life for Him, and it all must start today.  Won’t you join me?


© Sondove Enterprises, 2012
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://www.10minutereader.com

No comments:

Post a Comment