Friday, February 28, 2014

I’m So Small

Make 2014 a year of Sharing

“He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”” – Psalm 46:10

Shhhh….it’s awfully quiet in my world today.  Closing my eyes I realize that perhaps there is more than meets the eye.

The mourning doves are cooing, there’s a distant sound of a radio in the background playing KSBJ – Christian music.  A squirrel scurries up a tree, little claws digging into soft bark, as he carries his latest treasure to a higher branch.  Invisible, yet ever present is the soft hum of traffic on the busy roads.  It’s even possible to hear that one or two of these cars need some mechanical work as the noise randomly gets louder and then softer again.  A rumble from above, as the contrails of Boeing airplane, flying at 38,000 feet, slice through the blue canopy of my morning sky.  And then there is the  steady thumping, which draws my attention to the neighbor working on that old tree stump a few doors down. There is an echoing of a rifle shot in the distance that trails off just as another explodes, the hunters are back in the woods bright and early this morning.  Finally, I hear the wind stirring and creating collisions between the leaves and branches on my trees. 

I’ve just captured a matter of 2 minutes of quietly listening to the things around me this morning.  This is all within my “bubble” of existence in this glorious world.  Perhaps the farthest reach of my senses is 7 miles into the atmosphere, and to think the world is 25,000 miles around with a diameter of 7961 miles.  It’s amazing how much is really going on every second of every day in this world.  If we don’t pause and take it all in, how much do we miss each day?

Do you want to try to fathom the greatness of God?  Consider this.  He is with every person, in every home, in every town, village or city, in every county, in every state, in every country, on every continent around this globe at the same time.  He is intimately knowledgeable about every thought, every dream, every heartache and every joy on the minds and in the hearts of every one of us at the same time.  He is creating (on average) 4 lives every second of every day, while just under 2 lives are taken every second of every day
.  Each and every one of those 358,192 people born every day will be born into a life of sin and will one day be drawn to make a decision on whether He even exists or not. 

This only touches on the human capital that He has created.  Consider also that He created every creature, great and small, every plant, weed, flower, seed, grain of sand, kernel of corn and so on and so on.  Every drop of water was created by His hand alone.  Tonight, walk outside and look up.  As far as you can see, He created it all.  The stars, the moon, the constellations, the vapors that make up every cloud, are all the result of His creation.  Finally, consider that we are only seeing a small microcosm of the Milky Way galaxy.  There a potentially millions of other galaxies in this vast universe that are completely unknown to mankind.  Yet, knowing all of the above, some of us have the audacity to actually question and challenge God’s ways.  Seriously.  Do we truly believe that God owes us an answer for why this or that happens in life?  He’s God, let us not forget or respect that.

Heavenly Father,
I humble myself before You and lift You up in my praise and worship this morning. I praise the creation of my very existence that I might live for You and serve You throughout my life. I honor You with my words and actions that others might come to know You better and respect Your power and glory. Teach us Lord of Your ways that we might hold them close to our heart and draw upon them daily to impact the world for You. Fill me with Your Holy Spirit and grace so that righteousness may come from my work on earth. I lift my worship to You, in Your name I pray - Amen.




© Sondove Enterprises, 2014
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment