Friday, March 11, 2011

He will Hold Your Hand

We are all faced with challenges daily.  Sometimes, these challenges have the ability to cripple our confidence.  When this happens it’s important to maintain an understanding that you were created by the Almighty God of the Universe.  You are not here by happen chance and no life is created in futility.  There comes that point in every person’s life when they seek out the ultimate question; “Why am I here and what am I supposed to do with my life?”  If you haven’t struggled with this than consider yourself blessed, because most of the people I have met and/or associated with in my life have wrestled with this question or something like it in their life at one point or another.

When life’s challenges hit you head on – pause, take a deep breath and ask yourself 3 basic questions:
1)  Does this situation change who I am in God’s eyes?
2)  What is the impact of my action or decision in the perspective of God’s plan?
3)  Can I use this situation to help others come to know God more closely?

I know there is nothing in there that seems to immediately solve the problem or challenge you are facing, but these will help you maintain focus on God’s plan and less on yours.  By focusing your attention on God and His perfect plan for your life, you can better grasp that you are prepared to work through the situation.  We tend to imagine the worst case scenario when obstacles arise in life.  Immediately, the mind begins racing to the worst possible scenario and then we begin calculating and working toward solving that problem even though it may never come to fruition.

When we look internally for answers to problems we are facing we are limiting our solution set to the depth of our knowledge and wisdom.  God did not make us to be independent and self controlled.  He made us uniquely to be dependent upon Him and to call upon Him for our direction and answers in life.  These answers come from His word, a nudging of the Holy Spirit, prayers, counseling with other believers and leaders in your church.  You are not alone in this world to take on life’s challenges.  You are held in the palm of the most High God and must hold true to the strength, courage, wisdom and confidence that is endowed by your rights as His child.  Call upon Him and His power and put aside your feelings of fear and weakness.    
Prayer:,
Heavenly Father,
You created me in my mother’s womb and molded my mind perfectly for all of life’s challenges.  You knew my days from beginning to end before I breathed my first breath.  You have promised in Your word that You will stand by me and that my thoughts and fears are known before I even utter the word.  Hear me Lord when I cry out for help and strength, and cover me in righteousness that I might see Your glory in all that I do.  I place my fears and worries at Your feet today for You will see me through. In Your name we pray – Amen


http://www.10minutereader.com
©Sondove Enterprises, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment