Thursday, August 16, 2012

It Is Written


Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It with your friends

“Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.” – Revelation 20:15

Fact of fiction? 
 
The Holy Word of God, captured over thousands of years and written down for all mankind to see.  It spans the test of time from the beginning in the Garden of Eden to eternity with God Almighty in a New Heaven and New Earth.  It is filled with the stories of the saints, heroes, Kings, martyrs and the One who set them all free.  It is written by 40 men from different diverse backgrounds, but all inspired by God to capture His words.  John was the writer of Revelations while a prisoner on the island of Patmos.  Through several visions, he was shown the end of the world and told to write exactly what he saw.  He walked with the Son of God for nearly 3 years before Christ’s crucifixion.  When the voice came to John to write Revelation, he looked and saw someone who looked like the son of man standing amongst seven golden lampstands.

John proceeded to capture all that he observed through this vision and walk with the Son of God.  Our challenge is to believe it as the full authentic word of God, or to play it off as a fairy tale, a story of symbolism, a fantasy.  I truly believe every word of the Bible is holy and inspired by God almighty.  Captured in Hebrew, Aramaic or Greek in it’s original scroll version and pieced together as the Word of God for all mankind to learn from.  I believe what was written about Adam and Eve, the 10 Commandments, the reign of King David, the prophecies of Isaiah, Ezekiel and others; and the New Testament of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I take the Bible as literal and as a guidepost for my walk with Christ.

Therefore, I believe what is written in Revelations will come to pass at some point in time.  There will be a judgment day, when the names will be read from the Lamb’s book of life.  Those who are written there will enter into eternity with God the Father and the Son, and those who are not will be cast into the lake of fire for all of eternity.  This being said, I now challenge myself to reach those in my family, my friends and those I come in contact with to fully understand the path to salvation, so that their names will be alongside mine on that judgment day.  How sad it would be for me to reach that day and to discover that the people I could have touched were not recorded in the book of life. 

Are you certain of your place in eternity?  What about those that are closest to you?  What about others that you know or come in contact with?  Is anything more important?
 I am sending this to you as a reminder and a gentle nudge for you to consider your eternal destiny, is there someone else you should be sending this too?

© Sondove Enterprises, 2012
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://www.10minutereader.com

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate how applicable your messages are to my daily life. Thank for ministering your readers with your words. I am finding the righteous power and moral values to live my life just a little bit better each day. I am blessed!

    ReplyDelete