Thursday, October 2, 2014

Finding Me - Day 18


October 2, 2014


I knew I shouldn’t have done it, but once it’s done, how can I take it back.  The reality is nobody saw it anyway, so what difference does it make, nobody got hurt and to be honest it’s none of their business anyway.  Yes, I’m guilty; and so are you.  Oh sure, I can try to justify my actions and make excuses for why I do certain things.  The truth will always be upon my heart and mind though, and that starts to pile up after a while.  Then comes the shame, the guilt, the feelings of unworthiness.  If you are like me, you can spend hours in self- judgment and prosecution.

The act is never as large as the impact.  I’m not talking about hurting others, either.  The smallest act of unrighteousness has the potential to weigh upon our mind in such a way that we convince ourselves that we are broken, worthless and discarded.  There is an old cliché` that I want you to think on today.  It’s been said in many different ways, but it’s none the less truthful in every sense.  “Character is not who they perceive you to be, it is who you are when no one is looking, when you are alone with your Creator.”  This week I was reminded that there are times when it is just me and God.  For there is no place I can go where He is not and He sees all things, even the unspoken and unfulfilled desires of my heart (Psalm 139:7)

Day 18: Guilty as Charged
“Who will bring a charge against God’s elect? God is the one who justifies;  who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.” – Romans 8:33-34


It’s so easy to fall into the lie that our actions will separate us from Him. This is Satan’s way of convincing us that we aren’t worthy of God’s love, of salvation and eternity.  I strongly advise you to rebuke these thoughts and feelings.  Satan will consistently point out to us our shortcomings, our weaknesses and faults, with a judgment that indicts and condemns.  His strength comes from our belief that we must earn God’s love, when in reality we need only accept it.  For you see God put only one condition on His love and salvation – “Accept Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord.”

Do not believe the world that tells you that you are unworthy of God’s grace.  There is no greater lie from the enemy.  The world will call you a hypocrite, and shame you into disgrace.  For, the world is the devil’s playground and he is fully aware of your weaknesses and will exploit them at all cost.  Stand firm then in knowing that you are a child of God; forgiven, sanctified and made whole through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  His blood atoned from your sins, and you have been made whole, despite your feelings of inadequacy.  He cannot provide another path for salvation; for Jesus Christ has provided the redemption for all sin, not just some. 2 Corinthians 12:9 tells us that “My grace is sufficient …” 

Prayer:
Father,
You alone are capable of loving me despite my weakness.  You have provided a path for my salvation, and have given me the sufficient grace to overcome my weakness and sinful nature.  I stand firm in my faith that Your love is unwavering, unfailing, immutable and everlasting.  I know I have sinned against You and I am not worthy of eternity with You.  I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior and Lord, and it is upon His death, burial and resurrection that I am made whole and am able to enter into Your presence.  Thank You for providing a way for my iniquities to be washed clean.     – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment