Thursday, October 23, 2014

You’re not the First


October 23, 2014


“If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.” –James 1:5-6


Within the confines of my mind a war is raging.  Every thought, emotion, worry, concern and joy is held captive to the inherent sinful nature of my being.  I’ve heard so many times that the flesh is weak and as often as I hear it, it continues to challenge my walk each day.  The problem is that in my complete unrighteousness I am struggling to glorify God in my words and actions.  A wise man once said, “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” (Socrates) 

Who is the first person you call when you are having a problem in life?  Your spouse, your sibling, your best friend, your parent or another close acquaintance are going to give you another humanistic opinion on a subject.  Granted, they may have more experience in a specific matter, but they do not have the answer to finding wisdom.  We, as humans, have a natural tendency to solve problems ourselves.  We research the problem, discuss it with others and fret over it time and time again.  When confronted with difficult choices we generally look to our own wisdom, experiences and worldly view for the answer, when we have the power and authority of the Creator available to us.

God’s promises throughout scripture that He will be there for me.  He will be my strength, my comfort, my courage and my provider.  I have nothing in this life that I have not received because of His loving grace and blessing in my life.  When I am in the word and studying my eyes are opened to all that He has given me and all that He has for me in the future.  My problems don’t go away, but my mind is enlightened with the reality of where my persistence and strength will come from. 

Often times we question if God is really interested in my trivial daily problems.  The answer is a resounding yes.  The Creator of the universe, created the sperm and the egg that in turn created you.  He formed and multiplied your cells to the point you became a baby in your mother’s womb.  He gave you your first breath and He will give you your last.  There is not one aspect of your life He isn’t intimately familiar with.  What problem are you facing that God has never seen before?  Is there something in your life that will take God by surprise?  You can rely on friends and families for advice, but rely on God’s word for answers to life’s questions.  Seek Him and you shall find Him.



© Sondove Enterprises, 2014
For more Daily Thoughts go to: http://sondove.blogspot.com
If you would like to be added to the email distribution please click here: Daily Thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment