Monday, October 6, 2014

Finding Me - Day 20


October 6, 2014


What is the most important thing in the world to you?   If you had to choose one thing, therefore not a group of people, or all-encompassing object (water, air, world peace or happiness).  What would you say?  What do you think most people on the streets of America would say?  Setting priorities in life is difficult.  There are so many things we value and lift up in this world; including our family, friends, material objects and positions of status.  I think we would all be surprised if we asked this question to the masses, that most of them would indicate some person of importance in their life (parent, spouse, child).  Still others might indicate the most important thing to them is money or time.  But, how many would say that the most important thing is Jesus Christ and their eternal salvation?

I would like to believe that is how I would answer that question.  My wife knows I love her dearly, and would do anything in the world for her; so do my children, Grand-children and family.  My friends know how much I care for them as well do the people at my work.  But, they all know that Jesus Christ is the most important thing in my world.  I often find myself guilty of elevating ‘things’ above Him and must remind myself that it is all His, and I am nothing but a steward.
    
Day 20: Prioritizing Life
“He who comes from above is above all, he who is of the earth is from the earth and speaks of the earth. He who comes from heaven is above all.” – John 3:31

How could there be something more important in life, more valuable, more treasured than the love and acceptance of the Creator Himself?  Tell me, who has done more for you than He?  Who has given up more for you than He?  Who else can give you eternal life, but He?  For without God’s grace and promise for eternal life we have nothing to look forward to, we have no hope for a future, no reason for life.  Take a moment today and carefully think through those things which stand between you and your relationship with God.  Yes, it will include people, material things and desires or dreams.  Now ask yourself one question; “Are you willing to walk away from all of those things to love and serve God?”  Peter, John, James, Andrew, Philip, and the others did.  When Jesus said “Follow Me” they left everything and followed him.

Prayer:
Father,
You alone are above all things.  You are seated upon the throne and we all bow before Your glory.  We are but servants to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.  Let us serve You unashamedly, without abandon and fear of rejection.  Let us be stewards of all that You have given us, and use it for Your Kingdom.  My hope is in You and Your promises for eternal life, which helps me overcome all fear from mankind.  Strengthen me with courage to stand for what is right and pure in Your eyes.   – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment