Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Finding Me – Day 17

October 1, 2014


I have never been a patient man.  By my very nature I have a hard time watching as things develop, I would much rather jump to the end and skip the difficulty and pain along the way.  Yes, I realize it is in these experiences and in these times that I am learning, growing and becoming stronger; but I really can’t stand to wait. 

It’s like an Easy Bake Oven.   You’re all excited for the fun to begin.  You make the batter, plug the oven in (and of course the light bulb has burned out and needs to be replaced), you pour the batter into the little pan and slide it in.  10 minutes go by, you push it out the other end.  Nope, not done yet – so back in it goes.  5 minutes go by, repeat the process – still not ready, back in it goes.  5 more minutes – repeat with the same result.  By that time I have completely lost my patience and I’m ready to throw that little plastic oven out the window, and put the cake batter into a real oven.  As I’m losing my temper, I see the joy, laughter and happiness in my 6 year olds eyes and realize she will wait all day long for her little oven to do it’s job, because she realizes that she’s going to put frosting and sprinkles on that cake.  As the chef, she is capable of seeing the end result and realizing that it will be worth the wait.  I’m still frustrated, but it helps me get through the process.

Day 17: In His Time
“Yet for this reason I found mercy, so that in me as the foremost, Jesus Christ might demonstrate His perfect patience as an example for those who would believe in Him for eternal life.” – 1 Timothy 1:16

It’s hard to view life in God’s perspective.  We are here for 90, maybe 100 years, which is nothing but a small blip when compared to eternity with Him.  I look at my life and struggle with waiting minutes, hours or in some cases days or weeks for something to come to fruition, when in the big scheme of time it is like seconds to God.  This world has created us to want things now, instantaneous availability of information and products have reduced our ability to patiently wait for things.  Yesterday, I learned that we all need to slow down and appreciate what we have, and what we are going through.  Yes, we want to pass by the hardship, the heartache and the pain on life’s journey, but in doing so we will miss the opportunity to demonstrate, to others, the strength and courage of God Almighty to see us through it.  Realize that it all belongs to Him, and that you are nothing but a vessel for His purpose.  He doesn’t wear a watch and just like that little cake in the Easy Bake Oven, you might have to take another lap through the heat before God looks down and says, ‘Now, you are ready for the frosting and sprinkles.’

Prayer:
Father,
Give me patience to endure Lord.  Help me to see life through Your eyes, through Your purpose and realize that You are in control.  Your ways and Your timing are perfect for what I need to learn, help me to dwell within Your grace and wisdom to see it.  Strengthen me for the trials ahead and give me courage to withstand the pressures I will face in this life.  I trust in You and release my burdens to You, knowing that You are the source of all that I do.      – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment