Monday, September 29, 2014

Finding Me - Day 16


September 29, 2014


It used to be how much can you lift, what is your bench press or dead lift.  Let me see your bicep and we’ll know how strong you are.  It can be defined as the amount of physical strength one might possess.   But I pose a different definition: the amount of courage one has to get back up when this life knocks you down.  The ability to stand up when things are tough, when bills can’t be paid, when you lose your loved one, when your children tell you they hate you or when it seems that you just can’t go on.  Something inside rises up, and it has nothing at all to do with your muscular structure.

There have been times in my life when every fiber of my being felt weak and collapsed, when I couldn’t bare to take another breath and my heart was filled with bitterness, loss and despair.  It was at these moments when I found it hardest to take another step, but it was also at these moments when I have felt closest to God Almighty.  My desperation, my lack of confidence, my utter weakness brought me to the realization that I am incapable of pressing on.  It was at these times in my life when I have fallen before the Lord, humble and reverent to His authority and His sovereignty, reaching for His help, His guidance and His strength. 


Day 16: I Am Weak
“Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6

The realization that He carries His children through the good and the bad has become a pillar in my life.  I need His strength and courage each and every day to press on, to stand strong in the face of adversity.  This world is full of evil, anger, hatred, self-righteousness, pain, pride and suffering.  Where can we turn in this world to find peace, courage, compassion for others, purpose and reason for the fire that rages against His truth?  He alone is the source of our abilities and willingness to defy the ways of this world and forge the paths of righteousness and purpose.  When this life kicks you down and presses down upon you, reach deep into your heart, realize He alone is in control and will lift you back up.

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment