Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Finding Me - Day 2


September 9, 2014


Just shift your eyes, don’t look and they will never know.  It’s amazing how easy it is to be tempted in this world.  The sexuality, the lasciviousness and the acceptance of all things carnal has reached an extreme and I have become numb to it.  Because it is so commonplace today, I have come to expect it, rather than repel it.  How will this impact my children?  What values, morals and character are they going to emulate when they observe their own father being drawn into the world’s acceptance of immorality.  Has the shame and decency been completely exhausted from our presence or is it still a minority of those who live on the edge? 

Let’s face it, for all time man has found the forbidden to be exciting, challenging and enticing; but that doesn’t make it right.  As a husband and as a father I am called to be a representative of a moral and just character that instills values and righteousness in my family.  I am not the man the world wants me to be, I must be the man God wants me to be.  This means turning off the crap and turning away from the nonsense that the world wants me to become addicted too. 

Day 2: A Strong Character
“Now flee from youthful lusts and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart” – 2 Timothy 2:22

God created us to be righteous and has provided His Son as an example of holiness, perfection, love and purity.  The earth is filled with the forces of evil, lust and wickedness, but we serve a higher purpose and must continue to strive for what He has called us to become.  Through studying His word, through prayer and through blatant obedience we are capable of overcoming that which is in the world and living a just life, filled with His peace, purity, love and righteousness.  I know He is my strength to overcome the power of Satan in this world, but I must learn to turn to Him and trust that He is enough.

Prayer:
Father,
You have given me the authority over the evil in this world and the impact it will have on me and my family.  Help me then to live in this authority and draw from it the strength I need to overcome it in my daily walk.  I trust in You and You alone for my salvation, and my purpose.  You have called me and my family to be above the sinful ways of the world, let us walk in Your purpose.  Holy Spirit, I call upon Your strength and guidance to turn from that which is unholy and live in righteousness.   – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at : https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment