Monday, September 8, 2014

Finding Me - Day 1



September 8, 2014


If they knew the real me, they would see the ugliness that resides within.  They would hear the words, witness the temper and suffer the selfishness that has been built up over years of feeling sorry for myself.  Some look upon my story and turn away believing that I have been blessed and they would be right in their assessment.  But the blessings go much deeper than any other could ever realize or visualize.  For you see, the life that others witness is nothing but a front for the fear, helplessness and worry that rests just beneath the surface.  In this life I have discovered how to hide behind this image of strength and confidence so that the world will not see the weakness within.

Within the last few months I have taken a sabbatical from writing, to seek the truth of what is underneath the exterior persona and attempt to find the root of who I really am.  Many of you may not want to follow along my journey and I understand that.  We are all pressed for time and it only makes sense that you have many other things vying for your attention and precious moments throughout each day.  If this is you, simply shoot me a message and I’ll take you off the distribution list, no questions asked.  Those of you who want to follow along, I ask for your prayers and patience as the Lord walks me through this valley.  If you want to forward this to others, please feel free.  Perhaps they are going through similar self evaluations.

Day 1: Unconditional Love
"But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." – Romans 5:8

God knows exactly who I am.  Unlike you and your opinion of me based on who you see on the outside God has known me from the moment I was conceived in my mother’s womb.  He knows of my strengths, my weakness’ and my failures, and despite all of this He has still granted me the opportunity of eternal life with Him one day.  Nothing can ever compare to His act of sacrifice offered to save my soul from eternal Hell.  I start my journey by realizing that my God loves me, even when others don’t.

Prayer:
Father,
Thank You for loving me, even when I don’t.  Thank You for the grace and mercy You have provided through the sacrifice of Your son, Jesus Christ.  Help me, Lord, to put away the past, the unrighteousness and focus on the path You have laid out for me.  Holy Spirit, speak through me, guide my footsteps to fall upon the path of righteousness and let my words edify Your glory.  I humbly lay myself before You and seek Your truth.   – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment