Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Finding Me - Day 8


September 17, 2014


There is a battle in every soul, one that will overtake the emotional balance of one’s life if and when you allow it to.  Thoughts and memories flood from the farthest regions of the mind.  Elevating the original feelings and capturing the newness of wisdom and knowledge gained in life, to relive, albeit` only in the sense of imagination, but oh so powerful.  Hollowing the perspective of reality that we live in to become encompassed by the life we have put behind us.  Scars are etched once again upon the heart and the pain becomes oh so real again.  Where, oh where is our mind taking us, and why will this journey not succumb to the joy and happiness that life has laid out before us? 

This morning, my mind is filled with the pains of the past.  Not by choice.  No, for who would want to relive the hurt and suffering.  This is the result of a refusal to forgive.  The tears are no less real today than they were then, and despite the realization that it is long past and dealt with, there is a strong sense of guilt, shame and desperation.  Pressing down upon my feelings once again though I rise and wipe my tears, stiffen my lip and draw upon the strength that has endured.  This will not defeat me, for I am a child of God, born to praise Him, born to serve Him and to rest in His love and peace. 

My mind will not control my destiny and direction, for that belongs to the Creator and the One who has provided the ultimate sacrifice.  He who has forgiven me requires nothing more from me than the love He so richly deserves.  The pains and the struggles I face are nothing more than the futile attempts of the evil in this world to dissuade me from following the One True God, by convincing me that I am not worthy of His love.  Nothing could be farther from the truth.
 
Day 8: Overcoming the Pain
“No man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life. Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you.” – Joshua 1:5

God loves me right where I am.  God has forgiven all of my sins.  I walk upright and am filled with conviction and purpose because He has restored my soul.  I will find rest in His redemption and grace, for this world will not control me.

Prayer:
Father,
Your word tells us that You will not leave nor forsake us.  You are there at all times to guide our footsteps and fill us with Your love.  Thank You for Your grace, Your peace and Your forgiveness.  Bring comfort to those who are weary Lord, bring strength to those who struggle with demons and fear.  Let Your love reign down upon us Lord that we might be renewed in Your spirit to take on the challenges of the day.     – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment