Friday, September 26, 2014

Finding Me - Day 15


September 26, 2014


When the sun sets it creates an amazing portrait across the horizon.  Delicate pinks and purples mesh with the blue, black, white and grey of the encroaching evening star filled sky.  There is something about the beauty that is presented at sunset each day that has always been a big part of my persona.  For some reason I am drawn to breathe in the collapse and disappearance of the largest star in the solar system each day.  I look upon the symbolism with an understanding that God has created all of this for our enjoyment.  The light, the gases that reflect the light, the clouds that absorb and create shadows against the reflecting light, the blend between light and darkness, where one begins and the other ends. 

I find myself recognizing His presence in the beauty and colors.  I often times find myself pulling over or just finding a place to sit and watch it as it descends and sinks beyond the horizon, and slowly watch as the colors begin to darken and fade.  It happens in a matter of minutes and if you’re not purposefully looking for it, it can be missed.  It happens every single day as a reminder to each of us that He is with us, and watching over us through our struggles, through our pain and suffering and through our joy.

Day 15: In His Glory
“Where can I go from Your Spirit?  Or where can I flee from Your presence?” – Psalm 139:7

God is omnipresent and with you everywhere you go.  There is no separation that we can find for He is in you and around you.  Do you not see this my friend?  Do you not realize that where you walk, He walks with you; where you choose to socialize and spend your time, your Heavenly Father is right by your side.  David recognized this in his life, and realized that God above knew all things about him, his thoughts and actions were not in secret but in the full visibility of the Almighty.  Recognizing this, we ought to be more cautious of where we allow our feet to walk, and where we allow our mind to wander.

Prayer:
Father,
You alone are righteous and holy.  All glory is given to You for the goodness in our lives.  Press down upon us with Your grace, forgiveness and mercy.  See through my eyes those who are hurting, those who are in need and use me to bring peace and comfort to them as You desire.  I am in constant awe and wonder of Your amazing world, created for my comfort and enjoyment.  Thank You Lord for all of the beauty You have given us.    – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment