Thursday, September 11, 2014

Finding Me - Day 4


September 11, 2014


Worshiping God brings me joy.  I realize that it’s not “cool” to like Christian music, but I always have.  From the days of my youth I’ve always been drawn to the art of singing out praises to Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven.  I was 16 years old and listening to David Meece, Glad, Michael W. Smith and Sandi Patty when most of my friends were into Metallica, 38 Special, Van Halen and AC/DC.  Over the years, my taste in music has expanded, but I’m still drawn to the Christian Music artists of today’s generation including – Casting Crowns, David Crowder, Matthew West and Chris Tomlin (just to name a few).

What is it though that draws me to enjoy praise and worship?  Emotions, I suppose.  The words feel like a prayer when lifted up and as I reflect on their meaning in my life, I often find myself connecting with God on a more intimate level.  For the brief moment of lifting my worship to my King, I escape from the problems and struggles of the day and focus on how much He loves me.  In a simple manner I am trying to express to the Lord my absolute love for Him through the words that come from heart to a melody that bring Him joy.  So when you see me lifting my hands in church, or singing in my truck on the way to work, just realize it is my love for the Lord that moves me in such ways.

Day 4: I will Praise Him
“And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody with your heart to the Lord; always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father” – Ephesians 5:18-20

Throughout his life David found joy, pleasure and strength in singing praises to the Lord.  Praises of thanksgiving, praises of triumph, praises of sorrow, praises of forgiveness and praises of celebration.  Though he often times failed to live up to the expectations of a “Man of God” he never lost the direction of his purpose, and drew upon the grace, mercy and love of God the Father through his worship.  Psalms is filled with examples of David’s pleading heart in worship and praise to the Father for peace, purpose and passion to lead the children of Israel.  He knew exactly where his strength came from and Who was in control of his life from the moment He stood before the giant to the moment He passed away, David looked to God and God alone for acceptance.  We should all take note that we are only here to serve God, and in doing so love those around us.  As such, we ought to spend a little more time praising Him for His goodness and sovereignty.

Prayer:
Jehovah,
My God – you alone are worthy of my praise.  I fall down before You and lift my words to Your ears, that they might bring You joy and pleasure.  You are my King, I live to serve You and fulfill Your purpose in my life.  Center my heart, my mind and my actions toward You calling and let my feet fall upon Your path.  Bless me oh Lord that I my bring You glory through my actions and my life.   – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment