Monday, September 15, 2014

Finding Me - Day 6


September 15, 2014



Fear controls my mind in so many ways.  Fear of failing at work, fear of financial loss, fear of losing those who are close to me, fear of hurting those around me and fear of disappointing others.  When the struggles of the day surface I often find myself jumping to the conclusion that in one way or another I have failed and have caused the situation.  I am my own biggest critic and end up beating myself up over the simplest shortcomings in life.  Achieving perfection has always been the target, but you and I both know that is impossible.  For my definition of perfection and yours are very different I’m sure.

When you look upon me or others are you seeking perfection in that individual?  The likely answer is no.  Each of us are capable of offering a perspective of grace and understanding when others around us fail.  The problem isn’t in my ability to forgive or allow others to fail, but in recognizing my own failure.  It all comes down to a lack of faith in the bigger picture and the redemptive blood of my Savior.

Day 6: Overcoming Fears
“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,  being justified as a gift by His grace through the redemption which is in Christ Jesus” – Romans 3:23-24

The Lord tells us that not one, no not one is righteous and worthy of redemption.  But, by His grace we are forgiven and made righteous in His eyes through the blood of the Lamb.  Living in it, trusting that this above all else is truth and that no matter what we think of ourselves or our shortcomings, this cannot be taken away.  We, who have accepted Jesus Christ as our Savior, are able to rest in the assurance that our fears and failures are not of His perspective but of the worlds.  God sees me as a perfect child, spotless, righteous and worthy of His love. 

The world has placed this struggle within my soul to seek perfection.  Today I focus my attention on the realization that I belong to the Creator of the world and He sees past any fault I may see.  I am forgiven, redeemed and blessed by God Almighty, and by accepting this, my fears can subside and be replaced by faith in His perspective of me.

Prayer:
Father,
You are the fresh water that cleanses my spirit.  You are the manna, the bread of life that fills my soul with love, confidence and strength each day.  Calm my spirit to recognize You as my source of strength and peace.  Press down upon me Father the realization that I stand before You alone forgiven and righteous through the blood of Your Son, the Lamb, the sacrifice for my sins.  Restore my faith to rest in Your grace.   – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment