Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Finding Me - Day 3


September 10, 2014


I am a work in progress.  The simple truth of the matter is that I have many weaknesses that overwhelm me at times.   Through the day small things pile up and are stored in a virtual to-do list.  I have an extremely hard time accepting when things aren’t completed by the end of any given day.  The list will continue to get longer the next day and within a very short time I am feeling behind on everything I try to accomplish.  This leads to the fear of failure, and a shortened temper when someone asks for help, regardless of how simple the task may be.

I’m not seeking perfection, I’m simply seeking completion.  It provides a sense of accomplishment, small wins in life.  The problem is that as the list, in my mind, of unaccomplished tasks grows longer, many things become overlooked or forgotten.  Now comes the guilt, the disappointment and wallowing in the reality of failure.  Often times others are impacted, thereby increasing, even more so, the feelings of inadequacy and failure.  This is a highly destructive cycle, that destroys a man’s confidence and self image over time. 

Day 3: Trust In Him
“And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life’s span?  If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why do you worry about other matters?” – Luke 12:25-26

The reality that I must remind myself of every single day is that I am God’s child, made in His image and formed by His perfect hands.  My life is not purposed to please others, but to please the Creator alone.  He calls us to rest on His promise that He is Sovereign and will provide for all that we need each day.  It’s when I take my list of problems to the Lord that I find peace, direction and clarity on how to focus.  I know it seems like a simple answer, because it is.  He has a deep desire to help you overcome this world and bring joy into your life.  Accepting that is step 1, then trust in it and act upon it.  Join me today in coming before your Father in Heaven and laying your burdens down before Him.  Breathe and trust that He will help you take on the days challenges.  If, by the end of the day you’re list is not completed, it’s okay because He’s still in control; and that’s all that really matters.

Prayer:
Father,
You have provided for all of my needs.  You have given me a mind of wisdom, a heart of love and a peace to take on the challenges before me each day.  I ask for Your grace and mercies to be with me throughout this day, so that I may accomplish all the You have for me today.  Help me to shift my focus away from myself and onto You, so that I may serve You more completely.   – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment