Thursday, September 18, 2014

Finding Me - Day 9


September 18, 2014


The heart is a small organ actually.  It has such an immense purpose though.  Pumping blood through the veins and arteries of one’s  body, without being told to do so.  You and I are not consciously telling our heart to expand or contract or to open blood vessels and close them.  Likewise, we inhale, we exhale without an intellectual choice, but rather because it is the necessity for our life to exist.  Inherent function of the human body continues with or without the mental capacity to execute.  It just is, for if it does not than the body begins to shut down.

I have a purpose.  I was conceived, created, formed in my mother’s womb and birthed into this world for a God given purpose in His body.  I wasn’t an accident that just happened.  I was designed with a specific God given talent, a gift that was provided to lift up His Kingdom.  Like you though, we all must choose to use our gifts for Him or for ourselves.  It is no more complicated than that, unless we choose to complicate with the world’s influence.  

Inherent in my DNA is a uniqueness, a fingerprint of who I am, and who I shall be during this life.  My mind often times attempts to convince my soul to be this or to be that, but by design I am to be a child of God.  It’s when I try to control the circumstances and the outcomes of my own knowledge that things go awry.  When I go to the Lord and choose to let Him lead, to listen and to follow that things work in my life.

Day 9: Living the Purpose
“Therefore, my brethren, you also were made to die to the Law through the body of Christ, so that you might be joined to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.”  - Romans 7:4

God is sovereign.  This means He alone is the supreme authority over all things.  He created the universe, the stars, the earth, the moon and the sun.  He tells the ocean where to stop, so land may be formed for the existence of His creation – mankind.  He put in each of us the knowledge and wisdom to do amazing things.  He gave each of us free will to choose the direction of our life.  In doing so, He also gave us the free will to choose to follow Him, or deny Him.  In His supreme position of authority, He will not force mankind to love Him.  This day, you will be faced with heartache, fear, pain and struggles.  You can choose to go it alone or you can choose to reach out to the One who oversees all things and ask for help.  Choose wisely.

Prayer:
Father,
You alone are worthy.  You alone are in control.  I come before Your throne, broken, desperate and longing for Your love.  I lay down my burdens and I embrace Your love, Your strength and Your word.  I trust in Your promise that You will set me free from the bondage of this world and set my feet on the path of righteousness.  I have faith that You will provide for all of my needs and fill my heart and soul with Your Holy Spirit.  Help me to see You when I fall, so that I may rise again to walk in Your light.  In Your name I pray   – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment