Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Finding Me - Day 7


September 16, 2014


It wasn’t a love like you and I know.  I love my friends, my family and my wife – but what is the greatest gift I can give them?  Perhaps my time; my attention, my presence in times of sorrow and hurt.  Perhaps my words; encouragement, advice in times of worry and need.  Perhaps the comfort of my arms; hugs and holding their hand when they are afraid.  I can’t stop them from dying.  I can’t provide an eternal sanctuary for their soul to rest in.  The limited number of people I know in this world is in the hundreds, and my ability to love each of them varies dramatically.  There are probably less than 100 that I would stop everything I am doing and run to their side in the event of a tragic event. 

Why would the Creator of the Universe care about me?  There are over 6.2 billion people in the world today.  Over the course of time there have likely been well over 10 billion people that have walked the face of the earth since the moment God placed His breath into Adam and Eve.  Of these billions of people, only one man walked perfectly righteous, without blemish, sin or fault.  God’s own son, Jesus Christ, lived for 33 years upon this earth to bring God’s love to us, and provide a path of salvation for our redemption.  In doing so, God expressed the greatest love possible to mankind.  He alone loved all 10 billion of us so much that He created a way for us to live eternally within His presence, and thereby avoiding the eternal Hell created for Satan and his followers.

Day 7: Accepting Love
“But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit,
whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior” – Titus 3:4-6


We all will die.  You cannot save your soul.  I cannot save your soul.
The wonderful things we do for others in our daily walk are just that, nothing more.  These acts will not get you into heaven.  The hundreds of people you know, you work with, you laugh with and you play with cannot redeem your sinful actions.  They can provide advice, guidance, comfort and a warm hug; but nothing more.  We focus so much on how we feel today, without concern for the infinite time spent after we have passed away.  Accept the love of the Father, for in it, you will find eternity and peace beyond your life on this earth.  That is why God cares about you and I.

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment