Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Finding Me – Day 12

September 23, 2014


They look upon the man walking past and think he is self-centered, disinterested and conceited.  As he focuses on doing his job they whisper about the callousness and abruptness in his communication.  The walls close in as the day draws on and the lights dim at night.  The pile of actions are overwhelming, the bills won’t stop and the emails continue to deliver the news of his failures and shortcomings.  If they knew what was on his mind, if they knew the amount of worry, fear and concern for them he carried with him through-out the day, would they think the same things?

Windows to the heart and soul would be such an incredible revelation to those he passes by each day.  His general nature is to serve others, to help them, to make their life easier and to lift them up.  His thoughts bounce from person to person, from topic to topic as he grapples with prioritizing the demands throughout the day.  His introvert personality prevents his comfort from approaching others easily, but his spirit longs to share the good news, to help others come to know the Jesus that he knows. 

I’ve stood in front of audiences of thousands at one time and presented with deep confidence and understanding.  I’ve had the opportunity to travel the globe and meet with people of diverse ethnic background and cultures, and share the good news.  I’ve recorded video and audio of seminars on loving God, on Grace, and on Finding Peace.  But I can’t walk up to my next door neighbor and talk about my faith.  People look at me as if I’m conceited, stuck up or self-centered; when in all honesty I’m an incredibly shy, introverted, Christ following man seeking opportunities to share the love that is inside amidst the unbelievably fast paced world in which I live. 

Day 12: Let them See Me
“The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil”  - Matthew 12:35


God has placed within each of us the words, the wisdom and the passion to do His bidding.  We have to choose to share it with the rest of the world.  Only you can make the choice to overcome your fears, your reservations and reach out to others.  As an extreme introvert, if I am able to reach others, you can too.  Choose to do something this day that may be outside of your comfort zone.  Simply ask your neighbor what they think when they hear the word Jesus Christ.  Let this lead you into a conversation of your faith and testimony.  Seek the strength of the Holy Spirit to guide your words.

Prayer:
Father,
You have given me a spirit of strength and courage, not one of timidity.  I am a servant of the Most High God, and I believe there is nothing in this world that can harm me or prevent me from bringing You glory.  You alone are worthy of our praise, our love and our worship.  Let Your love shine through me and be upon my lips today, so that others might come to know You with a deeper understanding.   – Amen

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment