Friday, October 3, 2014

Finding Me – Day 19


October 3, 2014


What if it’s all gone?
What are you going to do if it’s all taken away today?  You’re life is a compilation of people, events, actions, words and things.  If you step out your front door today and that all changes, what will you do?  I often find myself a steward of this world and the “things” I have, rather than a steward of the One who gave them to me.  I sit in my comfortable leather chair, head phones on, listening to Kari Jobe singing “Overcome” as I type this, and I try to take in all that He has given me.  I’m amazed at every little thing as I look around; the piano, the guitars, the dining room set, the appliances, the TVs, the furniture, the computers, cell phones and tablets.  The amazing thing is I act as if I am the provider, as if I am the reason we are blessed to have these things.  What is it that I have done to deserve such things.

A new friend opened my eyes this week to the possession syndrome we have in America.  We are driven by our accomplishments, our possessions and our pride in being able to accumulate success.  It has made me ask this one question, “If it’s all gone, who am I, then?”  I found myself realizing that I am driven, I am dependent upon and I am addicted to the things and people around me.  I cannot imagine if today I lost my home, my family, my job, my vehicles and possessions.  I cannot fathom what this life would be like if it were all gone and I stood alone with absolutely nothing to my name, and that scares me.

It scares me because it makes me realize that I am bound by worldly things and less by heavenly things.  Do I truly believe that God is all I need? 

Day 19: I Am Bound
“Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head, and he fell to the ground and worshiped.  He said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I shall return there. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away. Blessed be the name of the Lord.”” – Job 1:20-21

God is our provider and has given you and I the blessings we have around us.  Everything you have is because He has given you the capability, the talent, the wisdom to achieve in life.  Satan has made us arrogant, prideful and possessive.  He uses our pride and our success to drive us to be satisfied and dependent on worldly possessions.  We must all realize that we are only here as servants of the most High God Almighty.  Being in His presence, enveloped in His Holy Spirit is sufficient and satisfying.  Take it all away, and discover who and/or what you are addicted to.  Will you fall to your knees and praise the Lord for all He is, despite all He has given you? 

Evaluate where you are with the Lord.  Right now, stop and lift your voice to God in thanksgiving for providing all that you have.  He alone is your provider, your supplier, your source and strength.  Do not take for granted all that He has given you including your very salvation. 

Sondove Enterprises ©, 2014
For additional Daily Thoughts, follow Rich’s blog at: http://sondove.blogspot.com
Facebook at :
https://www.facebook.com/pages/10-Minute-Reader-Daily-Thoughts/108926632475457 
Twitter at:
https://twitter.com/Sondove

No comments:

Post a Comment