Thursday, October 27, 2011

Faking It

Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It
“May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer” - Psalm 19:14


What makes God happy?  Have you ever considered this in light of your daily walk through this life?  Does it even matter to you?

Let’s suppose you are having a terrible day.  While you are at the grocery store you run into an old friend from your youth; someone you haven’t seen in years.  As you both recognize one another the friend comes closer to give a hug.  Do you hug them back?  Of course you do.  If you are like most people you will put on a smile and a new attitude for this conversation.  You want to express to your friend of old that you are a happy and joyful person.  The troubles of the day for this brief moment are buried, pushed aside and contained.  Yet, inside of your conscience, you realize that your heart is still troubled and it’s all a façade.

How often do you come to your quiet time with God, covering up what’s in your heart, pretending that everything is okay?  I know I do.  There are days I come before the Lord angry, unsettled and bothered by some trivial problem; yet I suppress all of this before Him who loves me.  I feel embarrassed to bring my true feelings to God, almost as if it is whining and complaining before the Almighty.  How silly when you think about the fact that God is omniscient and all knowing.  There is nothing in my life that He is not already intimately aware of.  Putting on an act of holiness and joy, while inside I am scared, confused and overwhelmed is an attempt to hide the truth from the Lord.

It is my belief that God desires our honesty, our righteousness and our love as we come before Him.  His love for you is not predicated on your happiness, perfection or works.  For that matter, it is not predicated on anything other than your faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.  He is righteousness, holiness, perfection, truth and love and cannot be improved upon.  There is nothing you or I can do that would make God greater than He already is.  Likewise, there is nothing you or I can do that can reduce His holiness or greatness.  He is immutable, unchanging and eternally present.  Bringing our honesty and heartfelt love to Him acknowledges His glory in our lives.  Lifting Him up with praise and adulation is our way to bring Him joy.  Let your words be pure and truthful and let your heart be filled with His love this day and always.

Heavenly Father,
You are holy and righteous.  You reign above all things great and small, yet You are completely and totally in love with me.  Thank You for Your merciful forgiveness of my unrighteousness.  Guide me thoughts and actions to be a holy representation of Your love in my heart.  Help me to cast my worries away and trust in Your provisions, peace and comfort as sufficient for my needs.  Let my life demonstrate Your glory to those I meet, that Your Kingdom might be expanded.  In Jesus name I pray – Amen.

© Sondove Enterprises, 2011
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://www.10minutereader.com


No comments:

Post a Comment