Monday, October 17, 2011

It’s Quite a Mess We’ve Made

“When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?” – Psalm 56:3-4
(c) CNN, 10-15-2011

Darkness envelopes the sea of concrete and glass
Thousands will sleep on the grass
Their words are filled with rage and pride
Anger that’s been bottled up inside
Some say justified and long overdue
Some say they’re lazy and don’t have a clue
Some say where there’s pain, people need rescue
So what then say you?

There is no quick answer to the mess that we have gotten into in this world.  People feel cheated, yet are blessed beyond comprehension when compared to those of years gone by.  The rise of dependence upon the greed of society has caused the fall of the desire to trust in God.  In America, we print it on every dollar bill and stamp it on every coin; yet few actually believe it as it passes through our fingers like water.  In God We Trust” was first stamped onto the 2 cent coin in 1864, but didn’t become the national motto for the United States of America until 1956 by the US Congress.  Now think about the changes in America and the world in the last 55 years.  In one generation, we have gone from trusting in God, to removing Him from schools, government buildings, parks and public areas.

We have become addicted to our own self interests.  I speak generally of course, but look carefully at your priority list in life.  At what point does “Live for God and Follow Him” show up on your list?  Let me ask you this; if tomorrow, everything you had was gone – house, car, clothes, food and even family; would you still love God?  Are you dependent on your lifestyle and your control of the outcome more than you are on what He wants for you in life?  I am guilty as charged, as most of you likely are.  You see, we wake up in the morning with prayers to God, and go to sleep with God in our prayers; but the in the time between we are pushing hard to do everything we can to make a living, put food on the table and pay the bills.  That’s like asking God to accept the life we have chosen, and His answers going to be “No”.

He didn’t send His Son to die on a cross, so you could have the life you wanted.  He sent His Son to die to reconcile for the iniquities in the life you have chosen and bring you into the life He has chosen for you.  We have to stop looking to others to solve our problems in life, and begin asking ourselves, am I really focused on living for God or living for me.  Trust in the plan God has for your life and in His word and perhaps we can actually make a difference in this world once and for all.

Heavenly Father,
Thank You for the blessings You have poured out upon me.  Thank You for offering Your Son to die that I might have life with You.  Forgive me Lord, for selfishly focusing on my goals in life and my comfort without trusting You.  I long to be as strong as King David and be wholly committed to You and You alone.  I struggle to remove my desires of this world and live for You as You deserve.  Help me Lord, to put aside my desires and focus only on the desires of Your heart.  In Jesus name we pray – Amen.
© Sondove Enterprises, 2011
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://www.10minutereader.com

No comments:

Post a Comment