Friday, October 21, 2011

Let it Go Already

Read It, Learn It, Live It, Share It
"I, yes I alone, will blot out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again" - Isaiah 43:25
Who do you need to forgive? Is there someone that has done an unspeakable injustice to you or someone you love that makes it impossible to forgive them? If you are honest with yourself you are likely going to admit yes to these questions, and even now your feelings of anger are resurfacing. Is there a part of you that is actually saddened by the realization that you haven't gotten over it yet? If you are like most, the details may actually be a little bit fuzzy. Time does that. We go over the circumstance in our mind and sometimes the events become blurred and expanded beyond what really took place.

Now - who feels the same way about you? Is there someone out there that you know without a doubt, cannot forgive you for something done long ago? Most likely there is. To apply today's "Daily Thought"; what could you do to bring closure to this situation? Have you asked for forgiveness and apologized for your mistakes? It seems so simple on the surface, but when we try to execute on it, pride and arrogance often get in the way. This is simply a fact of living and associating with others. We are incapable of forgive and forget. This us where we need to take example from our Lord's word.

As we see in Isaiah's 43rd chapter God is the only one capable of truly forgetting our transgressions. How often do we continue to condemn ourselves for our past and convince ourselves that if we can't forgive ourselves - how could God ever forgive us. Here again we are faced with a very clear example of why we are not God, and why He is. But, catch the end of this scripture, "will never think about them again." Wow!! Think of the most hideous thing you've done in your life. We are comforted to realize that the blood of Jesus Christ was shed as redemption for even that sin.

Through acceptance of Jesus as Lord and Savior, we are promised God's forgiveness as detailed in Isaiah. Let's be clear though, it is only available to those with a real faith in Jesus, and not the individual's denying His deity. I for one am unbelievably grateful that Gods grace will cover all of my sins. I have hurt others over my 47 years; some intentionally, most unintentional. Still, I need to do everything I can to reconcile these sins with the individuals I have hurt. I take comfort in knowing that whether they forgive me or not; God does. Keeping an eternal perspective is important when balancing the ebb and flow of your life. Quit thinking about your fears and failures of today, and allow God to fill you with His loving grace and forgiveness.

Heavenly Father,
You are an amazing God.  Filled with love, mercy and grace for Your children despite our transgressions and unrighteousness.  Your forgiveness is unparalleled in this world and the depth of Your love is unwavering.  Falling before You, I lift my hands and give You all praise and honor.  Help me Lord, to forgive those who have wronged me.  Guide my lips with sincerity and purpose to those who I have wronged, that I might be reconciled with them.  Clear my heart of unrighteousness and fill it with Your purpose and Your love.  In Jesus name we pray – Amen.
© Sondove Enterprises, 2011
For more Daily Thoughts go to:
http://www.10minutereader.com

No comments:

Post a Comment