Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Breathe Deep

“But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.” – Psalm 13:5
Every breath I take represents the love that has been handed down from generation to generation.  There was a first and there will be a last.  Just as the leaves push through the bark of a branch, longing to taste of the sweetness of carbon dioxide, then breath their last and fall from the tree.  Each tree may hold thousands of leaves, each beautifully created, unique and independent, yet destined for one ending.  Each year a new leaf forms, it is not the same leaf that was in that spot last year.  The wind blows through the branches with no direction in mind.  Invisible to the eye yet strong enough to rip trees from the very earth that holds them.  Homes and cars are tossed like toys through the streets by the invisible force.  Yet this exact same force calms the spirit of one lost in the valleys of life.  Bringing relief to the heat, that dries the parched land, and carrying the aroma of life every where it goes. 

The spirit of the Lord is in the wind.  Renewing the hearts of mankind, gently and calmly replenishing the lost and forgotten with a newness each and every day.  At times we crave it and at other times we fear.  There is not a day that goes by when it isn’t present in our lives in one way or another, surrounding you and filling your lungs with the sweetness of oxygen.  We take it for granted and trust that it will still be there the next breath we take.  Unfailingly, it does not disappoint and asks for nothing in return.  Breathe deep my friend and remember from where it comes.


Prayer:
Heavenly Father,
In our haste and hurriedness we fail to recognize all that you have given us.  Tomorrow morning is not promised on this earth, but our eternal future with You is.  I trust in the salvation that You have provided, just as I trust in the air that I breathe every moment of every day.  It is a part of me and I lay down my life before You to serve as You need me to serve today.  Surround me and breathe Your word through me to those that need to hear.  In Your name I pray – Amen

http://www.10minutereader.com
©Sondove Enterprises, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment