Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I've Got a Plan

[God said to Abraham..]”But my covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah   will bear to you by this time next year.” – Genesis 17:21

Can you imagine?
“Hey God.  Get this.  I know you told me you were going to bless me, make me prosperous and all that, but it’s really taking a long time.  I’ve got an idea.  How’s about we do it my way and you can just bless that and then we can move on to bigger and better things.  What do you think?”
What time is on God’s watch and is there an alarm button?  My impression is that God doesn’t wear a watch and He is very aware of how long some things take to evolve and develop.  Think about it this way.  Jesus Christ died on a cross nearly 2000 years ago.  One of His last comments to His disciples before He was crucified was; Matthew 24:50 - The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of.  Jesus tells them to remain alert, always prepared for we do not know when He will return.  I am convinced that His disciples left that meeting with some expectation that Jesus was going away and would be back soon and then they would enjoy the riches of heaven.  Even Paul and John – two of the most prolific writers of the New Testament, had no ability to predict when Christ would return; yet they remained faithful and focused on their mission in life right up to their very last breath.

Let’s face it, we have no patience in this world.  With data moving around the globe in seconds and communications that allow us to always have a phone or ear piece in our ear – talking with someone, somewhere; we are challenged to wait upon the Lord.  In Psalm 37:7, David tells us, “Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.”  This is a struggle for all of us.  It’s almost as if we want answers now so we can check the box and move on to the next thing on our to-do list.  Since the time of Abraham and even before man has been trying to short cut God’s plan through their own means.  Generally, I find that when I try to outthink God – my plans often fall short of what I set out to accomplish.

God has a plan for your life.  You may not have an understanding of it at this point.  All that means is that you need to continue praising Him until you do.  It’s not a game, it’s a mission and He is the creator of the plan.  Accept His plan and quit trying to solve the problems without Him.  He truly wants to be consulted on those decisions you make daily, even the little ones that seem so nonchalant. 
Heavenly Father,
Forgive us for our lack of patience. Help us to live within Your plan, Your guidance and Your mission in our lives.  Strengthen our faith and resolve to be patient on Your eternal timetable.  Lord, help us to make the most of the time we have by celebrating and sharing Your love with those we meet.  In Your name I pray – Amen

© Sondove Enterprises
For more Daily Thoughts go to : http://www.10minutereader.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment