Monday, August 1, 2011

It Is Well

“Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.” – Psalm 42:11
I know life is difficult.  I have seen the struggles of making it through just one more day.  I have tasted the bitterness of sour milk and felt the ache deep within that longs for relief.  Yet, when the sun rises on the morrow, the day will have become a memory, my eyes and ears are open for the Lord to calm my fears once again.  I open the curtains of my soul and take in the breath of the risen Savior to let me know that I must put my trust in Him.  What, of this world, can overcome the love that is given from the King of Kings and Lord of Lords?  Shall anything the world place upon my shoulders cause my faith to be disturbed?  I can only stand in the face of today’s struggles with the strength that is given me from God almighty, lest I should fall in the attempt to attack them alone.  I look to my left, then to my right and realize that my task is to help them, while drawing upon His love, mercy and grace.  Only in this way can I truly take on the challenges of today and say, “It is well with my soul.”  - Richard Palmer

Prayer:
Heavenly Father,
You are mighty and loving and You pour out Your spirit upon Your children.  Bless me this day as I walk in Your light and bring Your words to those I meet.  Help me to be the servant You have created, and let Your love, mercy and grace be ever present in my work.  In Your name I pray – Amen

http://www.10minutereader.com©Sondove Enterprises, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment